Salary :Patrol, Special Operations, Motors, Specialized Divisions (50P employees) : $51,307 to $87,816
Detectives: (56P employees) $91,338 to $98,352
- Shift & Assignment Differential Pay;
- 6% Graveyard Shift
- 4 % Swing Shift
- 8% Special Assignment (PSU, and Department Training Officer)
- Four 10-Hour Days
- Paid Academy Training
- 100% City Paid Retirement
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Paid Overtime, Paid One Hour Lunch (on call)
- Health, Dental, Life & Vision Insurance, Including Family Coverage
- Paid Holidays
Additional benefit information available in the secure portion of this website accessed through the login screen.
The City of North Las Vegas and the North Las Vegas Police Officers Association (NLVPOA) have a current and active contract effective 2016 through 2018.
To view the contract click on the following link: 2016-2018 POA Agreement-Fully Executed
The City shall provide to peace officers a health benefit program to include medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and cafeteria plan.
Current Insurance coverage:
- PPO UMR United Health Care
- Customer Service- 877-826-9781
- Dental Insurance
- Premeire Access
- Customer Service- 888-715-0760
- Vision Insurance
- Provided through VSP
- Conact information can be obtained at www.vsp.com
As a Police Officer in the State of Nevada, your Association has ensured that you have legal protections pursuant to NRS. Be sure to know your rights, and request a representative at all stages of an investigation.
Click on the accompanying links to learn your rights, or contact your area representative if you have questions. (provided links obtained via the Las Vegas Police Protective Association www.lvppa.com)
- Officer’s Right NRS 289
- Printable Version NRS (PDF)
- For questions regarding NRS 288 Local Goverment: Relations with Employees
- Printable Version: Relations With Employees (PDF)